Everyone wants the healthiest, yummiest meals for our families, right? Well, I have the perfect addition to your recipe box when you are craving a delicious burger of some sort.
My husband is not a spinach eater by nature and loves his authentic juicy beef burgers. I asked him to give this recipe a shot and he loved it; not to mention my little one gobbled it right up!
These are lean, juicy, AND healthy. What can beat that?!
1 lb. ground turkey
10 oz. spinach, frozen
2 egg whites
1 cup quick oats (I used what I had – 3 minute steel cut oats)
1 cup feta cheese (or extra if you like it cheesy, like me)
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. oregano, dried
1/2 tsp. basil, dried
1 pinch salt
garlic aioli spread:
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. mayo or miracle whip
2 tsp. lemon juice
- Thaw frozen spinach on counter. Pre-heat the oven for 375 degrees.
- Squeeze spinach between double-up paper towels to remove excess water/moisture.
- Combine all ingredients in bowl. (be sure not to over mix the meat – it will get dry)
4. Once mixed, form into patties. The easiest way to make the patties is to form a ball and then pat down into a 3/4″ patty. This recipe makes 6 burgers that are on the thick side.
5. Add about 1 tbsp. of olive oil to a large skillet on medium-high heat.
6. Once warmed and oil has spread through the pan, add 3 patties. (if the size of your skillet allows) Cook for 7 minutes on each side.
7. Repeat until all patties have been seared on each side for the 7 minutes.
8. Once the burgers are seared, place on a cooking sprayed baking sheet and cook in 375 degree oven for 10 minutes (just to be sure that the center is cooked since we like them thicker!)
– meanwhile: combine all of your ingredients for the garlic aioli spread!
9. Enjoy your spinach and feta turkey burger on a bun with the garlic aioli spread, cucumber slices, thin red onion slices. Optional of course!
I hope this meal is a hit! Let me know if you give it a try!